Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's been a crazy week here in my world! My mom just moved here from Phoenix, and it's been alot of work getting everything all unloaded from her moving van and put where it belongs. Thank goodness I have my stamping to keep me grounded! As always, it was my oasis on some of the really tough days! I haven't had a whole lotta free time (or energy) as of late, but managed to squeeze in time to finish a few swaps and projects, as well as make a few thank you cards for my mom to use.

Some special people reached out to helped my mom pack up her home and move 1904 miles away, and I was delighted to be able to do some small thing to express my thanks as well! My mom had to donate, sell, and throw out so many of her things since she simply could not take it all across the country with her. However, she had stashed a few stamps of her own in the UHaul and she wanted to use them to create some special cards for some of her friends. These are some of the cards I quickly made up for her to use.


I also have been working on cards and projects for my friend Kate's swaps on Splitcoast Stampers. She is a fantastic hostess and does a great job on all of her swaps too! She is currently hosting several, including ones for Mother's Day, as well as Beach and Cowboy themed swaps. She just wrapped up swaps for St. Patrick's Day and Easter and I was delighted with what she sent! She really is the hostess with the mostest! This is one of the cards I completed for her Mother's Day card swap on SplitCoastStampers.


I created this magnet for Kate's Beach-themed swap. I had so many ideas for this swap that I had to pare them all down, and choose only three! It's often difficult for me to pick a project because I get bored doing the same old thing. I like to try to learn to do new and interesting things, and I love a challenge! :)



Besides trying to complete swaps, I also managed to make a card to enter for tonight's MFT Junkie challenge. The challenge this week was to use masking to create a card. Below is the card I made for my entry.

I masked out the pot from the Lavender by Annie LaPointe stamp from MFTStamps. Then I put them into the Mug which is part of a Hero Arts set. I drew in the background freehand, and colored it all in with my Copics. It is a total of five layers, three of which were decoratively edged, two were embossed in my Cuttlebug, and one was punched with a Marvy punch. The ribbon was Bobbin Ribbon from JoAnns.

I'm surprised as I write this how productive I've been, despite everything else going on this week! However, I need to get back to work on my next project still! So as soon as I set Annabella up to work on her Hello Kitty ATC Swap, I'll be on to my own work! I can't wait to post it here soon! Until then - I hope you too are productive! Love Scrappy

No comments:

Post a Comment