Thursday, June 11, 2009

Insomnia, and other fun stuff to do at 4 am...

I was laying in my bed last night staring at the ceiling, trying to fall asleep for the third time when I finally decided to give up and get up to do something productive. I sat down in my stampin' area and suddenly felt super motivated and creative! I worked up three more swaps including a great new Riley card!

'Brickhousecards' on Splitcoaststampers is hosting several fun swaps including one featuring Snowman cards! Well who better than Riley to show us how it's done?!




I stamped Snowman Riley on Georgia Pacific 110 pound cardstock at a shoebox swap in October, and decided his time had come! I dug out my Copics and colored him in and cut all around him to allow the background snowfall to show through. Then I got some textured blue cardstock scraps out and stamped them in a random pattern with some Inkadinkado snowflake stamps with white ink. I distressed two pieces of cards stock and triple mounted Riley before adding him to the Red SU cardstock base. I added the wooden tree to the card and stamped the simple words: 'Peace, Hope, Joy' onto the white cardstock by masking the SU stamp so I could place the words in the order I wanted. I love the way these cards turned out! What do you think?

......Going to get some ZZZs! Scrappy

1 comment: